I want to love AudioFinder; I need your help! :)

Hi everyone!
I bought AudioFinder because I couldn’t manage my SFX library with iTunes anymore, but as much as I want to like the app, I just don’t get certain concepts. Don’t hesitate to call me lazy and dumb, but it seems like I don’t understand some basic features and it’s driving me insane.
WHAT I WANT TO DO :

-I have an SSD full of sound effects, well organized in folders. I only want to type “car horn” in a search tab and see all my car horn sounds and browse thru them.

Seems simple enough, right? But EVERY time I do Database Search for my Library, included in the results are copies of files from missing drives. I delete my library, Import my SSD… and those damn old “ghost files” show up again, greyed out. It’s driving me insane.

Please help a fellow human regain his sanity. I’m normally good with these things but I’m just out of patience.

Thanks a bunch!

(I apologize in advance if this is covered somewhere in the manual or on this forum; seems like I’m so annoyed that I can’t see it!)

JS

The Metadata Database Manager can removed missing files for you.

When the view opens you will see missing files and you can removed them from the database

2 Likes

I’m not worthy! :slight_smile:
Thanks a bunch!