Hi I’m a music producer and use AF for 10 years now. Great program, thanks a lot for your work!
Here’s a few suggestions:
- Loop function: option to loop only Samples longer than a certain length
- Shortcut for switching between browse and tag mode
- Different preset 'Output Folders' for processed files and the Session Favorites Bin
- After moving files and relocating them the waveforms are lost and must be rebuilt, so make AF relink them automatically.
- when deleting files, AF should take care of the waveform files and delete them too. By the time the number of ‚ghost files‘ gets quite large and afaik it’s impossible to get rid of them without ersing all waveforms and recalculating the whole library.
- Drag folders to/move inside AF and automatically import/refresh database
- Let tags distinguish between 'break' and 'breakbeat' for example
- Nested tags (e.g. „Drums“ contains „Kick“, „Snare“ etc.)
Improve logic behind erasing tags
- erase just one tag in many different tagged sounds
- renaming a tag in the taglist optionally renames all tag entries in the metadata
Maybe more dreams than requests:
- Timestretch Loops to sync with master tempo
- Tempo+Transport Sync (maybe even integrate with Ableton Link?)
- Option for playback with same average volume
- Save screensets, toggle them with shortcuts
- Make AF visible as an app via ios. At the moment ios apps sending shortcuts to osx apps ('Actions' for example) don’t see AF at all.
Thanks for listening!